Exceptional care when it’s needed most
A specialized team approach
At a time when exceptional care is needed most, we employ a team approach to end-of-life care. Our interdisciplinary hospice care team includes:
- Physicians to plan medical care and manage symptoms
- Registered nurses to direct around the clock patient care
- Chaplains to provide spiritual support to patients and their families
- Nurse’s aides to help with personal care, such as bathing and dressing
- Social workers to provide emotional support and community resources
- Pharmacists to provide appropriate medication oversight and consultation for symptom control
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists to provide maximum comfort and independence
- Hospice volunteers to provide respite care for families, a listening ear and more
Our hospice team has one goal: to provide comfort and support during this most important and difficult time. For patients, this means giving individualized nursing care, therapy and social services for their physical and emotional well being.
Call us first
At any time, if you or a family member has questions or needs help, call us first. Our team of clinical experts and after hours nursing team are always available to answer your questions and support your needs. We may be able to help you avoid an unnecessary visit to the emergency room. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 for immediate assistance.
Remote video visits
When patients begin receiving hospice care at home, our hospice nurses take the time to assess each patients’ individual needs. We work with our health care partners in the community to secure all necessary medical equipment and supplies and coordinate delivery to our patients’ home. Our goal is to provide comfort and support so patients and family members can focus on their time together.
Resources for family members
Caring for a loved one is one of the most selfless acts we humans can do – and it’s also one of the most challenging. Count on our team for the expert care and companionship needed during this life-altering time.
Bereavement programs and resources are also available to provide support during difficult times to family members and friends impacted by the loss of a loved one.