St. Michael Medical Center
- St. Michael Medical Center
- Patients and Visitors
- Map and Directions
- Billing, Insurance and Finances
- Financial Assistance
- St Michael Medical Pavilion
- Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology
- Emergency Services - Silverdale
- Birth Centers
- The Orthopaedic Center at St.Michael Medical Center
- Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Urgent Care
- Board of Directors
- Select Policies
St. Michael Medical Center
1800 Northwest Myhre Road
Silverdale, WA 98383
Updated: March 1, 2022
Effective March 1, this hospital will be at visitation level 2 (visitation with restrictions). We recognize it is a difficult time for our patients and their loved ones. These restrictions are very important for the health and safety of our patients and staff, and we appreciate your understanding and support.
Before you visit
All visitors must comply with screening and mask requirements when entering the building. Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed to enter, and visitors must wear hospital/clinic-provided masks for the entirety of their stay.
There is no in-person visitation permitted for COVID-19 positive and suspected patients.
At this time, hospital visitors are allowed based on the following circumstances:
- Hospital visitation limits are based on community transmission rates and are 1 designated visitor per patient per stay. Exceptions may occur to end of life. Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Visitors to inpatient units must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or proof of receiving a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit. The test must include name, date and results.
- COVID at home tests, commercial COVID tests, and testing done at community or other lab sites will be accepted.
- Fully vaccinated children 13 years and older may be counted as a designated visitor.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or
- Two weeks after a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Types of vaccination proof we accept:
- COVID-19 vaccination record card; or
- Print or digital copy of a completed vaccination record card – this includes both the front and back of the card; or
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider.
- If you cannot find proof of vaccination, your state vaccine record website may be helpful. (In Washington, go to WA Verify.)
- You will be asked to present your proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results each time you arrive for your visit.
Any approved visitors
- Must go directly to a patient’s room — use of waiting rooms is not permitted. We encourage any approved visitors to coordinate their arrival and departure times.
- Must use the approved, designated visitor entrance
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear a hospital-provided mask the entire time while inside the building, including in a patient’s room. Masks must be tight-fitting and completely cover nose and mouth.
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Patients who do not comply may have visitation access revoked. Please contact the hospital or your medical provider if you have any questions about the visitor policy.
Exceptions to the vaccine and visitation limitations include birth support persons, parent/guardian visiting a minor, visitors of patients at the end of life, individuals who are part of the patient's ancillary care team (clergy, interpreters, support person who is medically necessary for a patient who lacks decisional capacity or is disabled).
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health/Franciscan Medical Group Clinic visitor restrictions
- Most clinic locations are allowing one visitor per patient during a scheduled visit. Please contact your provider or the clinic with questions about their policy.
- All individuals must wear a clinic-provided mask the entire time while inside the building.
- Please contact the clinic before arriving for your appointment if you need of a COVID-19 test, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms and exposure guidance include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days
- If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our Prompt or Urgent Care locations or Emergency Services departments.
Learn more about the opening of St. Michael Medical Center - Silverdale and the transition of services
St. Michael Medical Center proudly builds on the rich legacy of care that began with the Harrison family more than 100 years ago. The premier medical center in Silverdale puts patients and families first, offering everything you need for your best health and wellness—without a trip across the water. As part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health's system of 10 hospitals and 230 specialty clinics, St. Michael Medical Center will welcome, heal and care for our Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula communities for generations to come.
The recent $500 million expansion offers the very latest in technology, ecological design and healing comfort.
Our health care services
We have a deep commitment to support healthy living on the peninsula, attracting high-quality primary care providers and top-ranked specialists. We support our care team and community with leading-edge technology and care environments that enhance healing of body, mind and spirit. Our campus services conveniently include:
- Medical Pavilion for expanded on-campus specialty care
- Emergency services, with a Level III Trauma Center, 24-hour care and rooftop helipad
- Family Birth Center with a Level II Special Care Nursery
- Advanced imaging and radiology services, including 256-slice CT
- All-private patient rooms with guest accommodations and views of the Olympics or Dyes Inlet
- Comprehensive cancer center with leading Puget Sound cancer specialists
- Heart care program nationally recognized for excellence in cardiac surgery
- Designated a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission for stroke care
- Exceptional orthopedics and sports medicine, including a renowned joint replacement program
- Nationally accredited sleep disorders center
- St. Michael Medical Center has earned an 'A' Leapfrog safety grade multiple years in a row for safe, quality care
- Healthgrades designated the campus as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals for cardiac surgery and awarded the hospital five-star ratings in multiple service lines, including orthopedics, gynecologic, and pulmonary care (2021)
- U.S. News and World Report designated St. Michael as a High Performing Hospital in hip and knee replacement (2021)
St. Michael Medical Center
Patients and Visitors
Maps and Directions
Billing and Insurance
St. Michael Medical Pavilion
St. Michael Cancer Center
Emergency Services - Silverdale
St. Michael Board