St. Francis Hospital
Located in Federal Way, we provide advanced medicine and trusted care for the surrounding community.
St. Francis Hospital
St. Francis Hospital
34515 9th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA 98003
253-835-8100 (King County)
253-944-8100 (Pierce County)
Updated: March 1, 2022
Effective March 1, this hospital will be at visitation level 2 (visitation with restrictions). We recognize it is a difficult time for our patients and their loved ones. These restrictions are very important for the health and safety of our patients and staff, and we appreciate your understanding and support.
Before you visit
All visitors must comply with screening and mask requirements when entering the building. Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed to enter, and visitors must wear hospital/clinic-provided masks for the entirety of their stay.
There is no in-person visitation permitted for COVID-19 positive and suspected patients.
At this time, hospital visitors are allowed based on the following circumstances:
- Hospital visitation limits are based on community transmission rates and are 1 designated visitor per patient per stay. Exceptions may occur to end of life. Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Visitors to inpatient units must show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or proof of receiving a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their visit. The test must include name, date and results.
- COVID at home tests, commercial COVID tests, and testing done at community or other lab sites will be accepted.
- Fully vaccinated children 13 years and older may be counted as a designated visitor.
- Individuals are considered fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or
- Two weeks after a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Types of vaccination proof we accept:
- COVID-19 vaccination record card; or
- Print or digital copy of a completed vaccination record card – this includes both the front and back of the card; or
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination from a health care provider.
- If you cannot find proof of vaccination, your state vaccine record website may be helpful. (In Washington, go to WA Verify.)
- You will be asked to present your proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results each time you arrive for your visit.
Any approved visitors
- Must go directly to a patient’s room — use of waiting rooms is not permitted. We encourage any approved visitors to coordinate their arrival and departure times.
- Must use the approved, designated visitor entrance
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear a hospital-provided mask the entire time while inside the building, including in a patient’s room. Masks must be tight-fitting and completely cover nose and mouth.
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Patients who do not comply may have visitation access revoked. Please contact the hospital or your medical provider if you have any questions about the visitor policy.
Exceptions to the vaccine and visitation limitations include birth support persons, parent/guardian visiting a minor, visitors of patients at the end of life, individuals who are part of the patient's ancillary care team (clergy, interpreters, support person who is medically necessary for a patient who lacks decisional capacity or is disabled).
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health/Franciscan Medical Group Clinic visitor restrictions
- Most clinic locations are allowing one visitor per patient during a scheduled visit. Please contact your provider or the clinic with questions about their policy.
- All individuals must wear a clinic-provided mask the entire time while inside the building.
- Please contact the clinic before arriving for your appointment if you need of a COVID-19 test, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms and exposure guidance include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days
- If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our Prompt or Urgent Care locations or Emergency Services departments.
We’re committed to helping you and your family stay healthy, with all of the health care services you need close to where you live and work. St. Francis is an accredited Heart Failure Center and is recognized as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence for our Franciscan Center for Weight Management.
Our health care services
Here you’ll find experienced physicians, nurses and other providers offering exceptional care with a compassionate touch. On-site services include:
- Convenient diagnostic imaging and radiology services
- Emergency services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A family birth center with all-private labor and delivery suites
- Franciscan Breast Center, which offers 3D digital screening and diagnostic mammography, ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, a full range of other women’s health services and education and support programs
- Radiation Oncology, in partnership with Virginia Mason, specializes in innovative cancer treatment approaches
St. Francis Hospital is part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health, one of the largest health care systems in the Puget Sound area. We’re proud to have some of the finest primary and specialty providers in the region.
Patients and Visitors
Map and Directions
Billing and Insurance
Family Birth Center