St. Clare Hospital
St. Clare Hospital
11315 Bridgeport Way Southwest
Lakewood, WA 98499
Updated: September 1, 2021
Effective September 1, visitors will only be permitted in Virginia Mason Franciscan Health acute care hospitals in limited circumstances, such as beginning or end of life care. This decision is intended to limit potential spread of COVID-19, as increased cases in the community increases the risk in our hospitals.
We recognize it is a difficult time for our patients and their loved ones. These restrictions are very important for the health and safety of our patients and staff, and we appreciate your understanding and support.
Before you visit
All visitors must comply with screening and mask requirements when entering the building. Visitors with symptoms will not be allowed to enter, and visitors must wear a hospital/clinic-provided masks for the entirety of their stay. Cloth or other types of personal masks must be replaced with a hospital/clinic-provided mask, or, if preferred, the hospital/clinic-provided mask may be worn over a personal mask.
There is no in-person visitation permitted for COVID-19 positive and suspected patients.
At this time, hospital visitors are only allowed in the following circumstances:
- End-of-life patients: Up to one bedside visitor is permitted for non-COVID-19 patients
- Beginning of Life/Family Birth Centers: Laboring patients will be allowed one asymptomatic (without symptoms) adult support person. This same will be the designated visitor after delivery has occurred until discharge. Overnight visitor restrictions may vary among birth centers.
- Please note: Doulas are members of the care team and do not count as a visitor.
- One parent of a special-care infant
- One parent of a minor for scheduled appointment, surgery or procedures
- Care partner who needs to learn how to care for a patient
- Caregiver needed for incapacitated patient
- Professionals providing essential support and/or care as part of a patient’s care team, including doulas
- People with legal authority or responsibility for care
For the safety of patients and staff, the following visitors are not allowed
- Visitors with any symptoms: Fever (greater than 100.4 or, if 65 or older, greater than 99.6), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, headache, congestion or runny nose, and nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Visitors who are not willing or able to wear a hospital-provided mask the entire time they are in the hospital
- Children 12 and under are restricted from visiting
Any approved visitors
- Must go directly to a patient’s room — use of waiting rooms is not permitted. We encourage any approved visitors to coordinate their arrival and departure times.
- Must use the approved, designated visitor entrance
- Will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms
- Will be asked to complete hand hygiene upon entry
- Must wear a hospital-provided mask the entire time while inside the building, including in a patient’s room. Masks must be tight-fitting and completely cover nose and mouth.
- Are encouraged to maintain physical distancing (at least six feet apart from others)
Patients who do not comply may have visitation access revoked. Please contact the hospital or your medical provider if you have any questions about the visitor policy.
Virginia Mason Franciscan Health/Franciscan Medical Group Clinic visitor restrictions
- Most clinic locations are allowing one visitor per patient during a scheduled visit. Please contact your provider or the clinic with questions about their policy.
- All individuals must wear a clinic-provided mask the entire time while inside the building.
- Please contact the clinic before arriving for your appointment if you need of a COVID-19 test, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms. Symptoms and exposure guidance include:
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Close, in-person contact with someone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus within the past 14 days
- If symptoms are severe, call 911 or go directly to one of our Prompt or Urgent Care locations or Emergency Services departments.
It’s nice to know there’s a hospital nearby with access to all of the resources of a comprehensive health care system like Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. And with a growing number of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health primary and specialty physicians on campus and at nearby clinics, we’re committed to helping you and your family reach your best health.
Our health care services
Here you’ll find experienced physicians, nurses and other providers ready to meet your needs. On-site services include:
- Emergency services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Chronic pain management at our Franciscan Pain Management Clinic at St. Clare, where specialists have been treating pain for over 35 years
- Heart and vascular care. St. Clare Hospital is an accredited Heart Failure Center by the Battelle Health Care Colloquium
- Convenient diagnostic imaging and radiology services
- State-of-the-art orthopedics program, including joint replacement
- Our Sleep Disorders Center, which uses leading-edge technology to diagnose sleep disorders and help you improve your sleep and overall health
Patients and Visitors
Map and Directions
Billing and Insurance