As COVID-19 spreads across the nation and in the communities we serve, CHI Health at Home continues to make the health and safety of our patients and employees our chief priority. Our organization prepares and plans extensively for emergency situations and throughout this process, we have been continuously refining and implementing new procedures to ensure our clinicians and support staff are implementing the most rigorous infection control processes.
As we all face the challenge of the coronavirus together, we are committed to making sure our patients receive the care they need, while alleviating any fears or concerns about contracting COVID-19.
CHI Health at Home has an enterprise-level task force dedicated to preparation and planning to ensure every clinician and employee is following the most up-to-date guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, public health departments, and our hospital partners.
By keeping patients safe and healthy at home, we eliminate the need to visit or be readmitted to the hospital, where there is increased exposure to individuals who may be sick.
Among our extensive precautions:
- Every employee has been educated on COVID-19, including the most up-to-date guidelines and recommendations from the CDC.
- Every team member who conducts a care visit in a patient’s home will have fresh supplies for each visit to ensure there is no cross-contamination.
- All clinicians will wear protective equipment such as gloves and masks, and gowns if necessary or requested by the patient. All equipment is sterile and will be put on in the home to ensure maximum patient safety.
- Our call center is available to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, offering around the clock access for patient questions and concerns.
- All employees receive regular and on-going communication about updated protocols and guidelines.
We are prepared to work through this pandemic to support the health and wellness of our communities by providing the highest quality of care.
We’ve got your back.
Are you experiencing fever, cough, and shortness of breath? If you think you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or exposure, please stay at home to protect yourself and others. You can consult the Catholic Health Initiatives COVID-19 website for additional information. The best first step is to use one of the remote resources:
Engage with the CHI symptom checker chat box. Get your questions answered and be routed to the right care for your unique situation from this page.
Start a virtual urgent care visit. Catholic Health Initiatives is offering free video visits with a healthcare provider for people with mild or moderate symptoms using the coupon code COVID19.
Think you may be experiencing mild or moderate symptoms of COVID-19? You can consult the Catholic Health Initiatives COVID-19 website for additional information and for free remote consults, including a symptom-checker chatbot and virtual care visits.
Find a Health at Home Care Provider Near You
With more than 50 U.S. locations, CHI Health at Home is here to serve patients and families across the country.